Belt conveyor operators at mining, mineral, steel, cement and other industrial manufacturing sites can now install a new, highly sensitive Tramp metal detector designed to optimise production time, protect process equipment and reduce false alarm rates.
The Thermo Scientific Ramsey Oretronic IV tramp metal detector builds upon the existing line of tramp metal detectors by increasing sensitivity for improved detection capabilities. Thermo Fisher designed the new detector to work with belt conveyors that move minerals, iron pellets, coal, aggregates and other bulk materials, to better detect all types of metallic scrap, including bucket teeth, manganese steel mantles, bore crowns, bar scrap, chains and tools.
The increased sensitivity in the Oretronic IV detector allows it to identify tramp metal buried in wet conductive materials quickly and accurately.
Protecting expensive conveyors, crushers and other process equipment from damage is vital for owners of processing and manufacturing plants to avoid costly operation downtime. With increased sensitivity in this newest tramp metal detector, manufacturers can feel even more confident that damaging scrap metal will be found before it causes equipment failure and profit loss.”
The Oretronic IV tramp metal detector, which is available in two versions with two levels of sensitivity, includes a microprocessor-based control unit, a receiver coil, a transmitter coil and a support frame. Both Units are available from SRO Technology PTY LTD, Contact email@example.com
Additional features of the Oretronic IV tramp metal detector include:
- Variable frequency, designed to allow the operator to adjust the frequency to eliminate interference and false alarms from motors, radios and other external devices;
- A fiberglass support structure for coils that is resistant to moisture;
- Advanced electronics with an LCD display, touch button keypad and new menu for easy setup, calibration and system use; and
- Simple installation and easy upgrade from existing instruments in the Oretronic tramp metal detector line.
- 6 amp high power version for better sensitivity in testing conditions.
Why not contact us today to discuss your requirements, whether it’s new or an upgrade of your existing oretronic controller, SRO Technology can offer Supply, Installation and ongoing support of all your metal detection, measurements and inspection equipment.
SRO Technology- QLD, NSW & WA. www.srotechnology.com