Those in the industrial sector understand the importance of measuring liquid or slurry density. Natural variation in the raw feedstock materials alter the composition of the product being processed resulting in production or quality issues. Companies can even lose money or suffer from unexpected disruptions as a result of inaccurate density readings.
That’s why SRO Technology conducts a comprehensive analysis of your operations before recommending a density gauge solution. Whether you’re competing in the mining, wood and pulp, energy or natural gas sector, our specialists can help you select the most appropriate measurement system.
Matching process to solution
Density gauges enable miners, manufacturers and other parties in the industrial economy to know the exact density of a fluid of slurry in real time. Most conveniently, these instruments do not have to come into contact with the material, thus eliminating the chances of the solution sustaining damage.
Plant administrators can apply density gauges in the following facilities:
- Dredging: When operating in conjunction with a flow meter, a density gauge delivers essential data on the dredger’s production rate. Regardless of whether the dredger is processing, salt, sand, rare earth metals or other mining products, the system will provide accurate information.
- Processing plants: A density gauge solution can measure underflow and overflow density to determine if the separation and float tanks possess the correct density. These instruments can apply the same calculations to thickener and concentration tanks as well.
- Coal handling and preparation plants: During coal washing, managers can determine when the coal middlings were separated from the waste materials by measuring the slurry density.
Choosing the ideal system
There are two kinds of density gauges operations managers could put to use. Although SRO Technology’s technicians will consult them in making the best choice, it’s best to be aware of the available options, and the applications they’re best suited for:
- Nuclear (Gamma) gauges distribute radioactive energy throughout tanks or other holding assets. These instruments calculate density by registering the amount of energy it receives after travelling throughout a confined space.
- Ultrasonic gauges send ultrasonic waves, registering amplitude variations to determine fluid or slurry density changes. Although less precise than gamma and nuclear alternatives, ultrasonic instruments are fine for operations that do not require stringent accuracy.
The importance of precision
Density gauges, no matter what their application, provide professionals with the information they need to assess processes.
For example, operations specialists can input density measurements into control system analysis programs. If the information is inaccurate, data scientists will draw incorrect conclusions. If leaders make decisions based on those deductions, the business may suffer as a result.
That’s why proper calibration is critical. When it comes to density gauges, the person installing the solution must understand the processes and impacts associated with the instrument’s accuracy. This concern prompts SRO Technology’s specialists to account for several variables when implementing solutions, such as material properties and pipe thickness.
Why SRO Technology?
Because many density gauges use nuclear gamma technologies to develop readings, authorised technicians are the only personnel who can work with such instruments. SRO Technology’s service experts have the correct licenses and industry knowledge necessary to install, repair and adjust density gauges.
Thanks to nationwide locations, SRO Technology can attend to you needs no matter where you are in Australia. If you’d like us to help you with your density gauge solution, contact our NSW office at 61 2 9525 3077, our Queensland office at 61 7 3395 6136, or send an email to email@example.com.